Sunday, February 19, 2012

Google's Privacy Policy: Hate It or Love It?



These past couple of weeks, every time I use either Google or YouTube, I always come across a little note of the right-hand corner saying that Google's privacy policy is changing. Well, I did read it, but Im still a little sketchy. Then I came across Daily Mail's article about how now the super powerful seach engine would be more sensitive when you try to search for something.
So the next time your logged in into your Google account, it seems that whatever you seached, say "kittens", then when you log into YouTube later on, it would have video recommendations of precious little kitty's. There are still a lot more features Google is trying to explain, but Im still scartching my head about it. However, it seems to me that what Google is trying to do is make sharing a whole lot "easier". Yet, there is backlash about all this, with one even quoting "Google will know more about you than your wife does. Everything across your screens will be integrated and tracked"[1]
Well, I dont know about this. Could be "easier", but I cant help but wonder that big brother is somewhere, out there, lurking around.
But who knows, this could be beneficial to some. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment